Tuesday, May 19, 2009

fun night...

after our adventure at Bollywood Gay Bingo last month, Jacki, Christene and I needed another reason to get together...and what better reason than a Bollywood movie and yummy Indian food!!!

Christene had to work until 9, so Jacki and I cooked. I say "I" but I was the official chopper and dish rinser LOL! Anyway, Jacki's food rocked!! We had palak paneer (spinach, cheese, veggies) and flat rice with veggies. Christene made gol gappa (little snacks that were puffed shells with a potato mixture in it and you dipped it in a broth). mmm...good stuff!

The movie was fun and Christene was giggling like a school girl over the leading man :)

I had a great time and really enjoyed the company. But it was a late night - I got home around 3 and then couldn't sleep for another hour (my neighbor left a note that my garage door was open and they closed it for me - I must have driven off without checking yesterday morning. Needless to say, I was a little freaked out!!) So here I am yawning at work...I need caffeine!! :)

I am now really jazzed about cooking again - I joke a lot about not knowing how to cook and being incompetent in the kitchen. But I really do enjoy it and want to do more. I am excited to learn new recipes and try them out!

1 comment: