Tuesday, June 9, 2009

time...

my alarm woke me up at 5:45 ~ which is the time I need when I have the girls, however, I didn't have the girls this morning (or tomorrow). I hit snooze and went back to sleep. then I realized that I could use those mornings to walk the trail behind my house! I complain about no time to exercise and I just found it :)

I have also been thinking about time. Ava will be 5 this summer and starting Kindergarten in the fall. Zoe will be 3. Where has the time gone? :(

I know this is a no-brainer to most, but I have decided to give more of my time and myself to the girls when I have them. I work out of the home so I feel like I miss so much of their day to day life. I am thankful that I have my parents to care for them, but I hate that they are not with me more. So I have decided to really use my time wisely.

Chores can wait, my "me" time can wait for the nights that I don't have the girls, time on the computer can wait... I want to be present for my daughters, I want to truly enjoy my time with them.

I read on a blog about giving "leftovers" to the kids and it has really stuck with me. Our kids deserve the best of us, not just what is left at the end of the day. *love*

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to work on the same thing. It's hard to walk away from the pile of dishes when you know they're happily playing by themselves... it's also really hard [for me at least] to walk away from all my "friends" by putting the laptop & iPhone down. But I try to remember that I won't look back & regret missing a conversation with a friend - I WILL regret not getting to play one more round of "throw the ball down the stairs". It's hard to juggle it all, but so worth it, huh? You're doing great in everything you're taking on. I don't know how you're doing it, but you are & that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete