Monday, June 8, 2009

another week begins...

this weekend was good but very full...

up at 5:45 am on Saturday to participate in the 2009 Komen Race for the Cure 5K! I raised over $200 and walked with my awesome DAM friends! it was a great morning :)

then off on a mad rush to shower and pick up the girls from Mom and drive to Commerce for Autumn's birthday party (my great niece). for those that don't know, Commerce is about 1 1/2 hours away! once we got there, it was wonderful to see family and the girls enjoyed the children's museum. then it was time to trek back home - we were all pretty tired so we just vegged the rest of the night.

sunday we were supposed to go to another birthday party, but I just couldn't put us through another long drive (this was just in Arlington, but still a way from our house). So we stayed home and puttered around with toys and organizing.

the girls are with Bridget tonight, through Wednesday and will come back on Thursday. I am hoping to get some things accomplished this week: freezer meals, toy clean-up, organizing!

I haven't been on track with WW lately but I am making better decisions about what I am eating. and I am excited to start working out again - just need to make the time! I am hoping to do a 5K every month for the rest of the year :) I am nervous about weighing in - might do it tonight and get it done (I missed last week). but I think the scale might have good news this week - here's hoping!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have all you need to be productive. Even though, it sounds like you had a huge weekend and could use a little rest! Glad things are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you and the 5K. I don't remember the last time I ran in an organized run like that. I've been slowly getting back into "the jog" lately and it feels good.

    ReplyDelete