Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Rock...

No, not the beautiful wrestler/actor LOL ~ I am talking about White Rock Lake and how I walked all 9.3 miles of it!!!

The plan was to walk 13 miles - but I was 45 minutes late meeting Brandie and then Brandie had some shoe issues, so we settled on going around the lake once (9.3). The weather started out pretty chilly and I realized that I would need to be prepared for the real half in December. But the morning turned into a gorgeous day, just perfect for being out.

I felt amazing afterwards - we had lunch at Barbec's in Lakewood to celebrate ;)

I came home and decided that I could take a nap or actually get some stuff done. I chose the latter and that is a good thing! I needed to feel motivated to get things accomplished and I think that walk did it. I am charged up and ready for this month. Lots to look forward to!

I am excited about training for the half - I know that I will be able to do it!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling to accomplish that. Keep going girl!

    ReplyDelete